Today's Most Watched Stories
- Greece debt crisis: Thousands of Yes supporters protest, as Tsipras seeks new bailout – live updates
- Greek crisis: Parliament approves referendum, after bailout extension rejected – as it happened
- Muslim graves in Nottingham cemetery damaged after Tunisia attack
- Africa: How Mapping Ancestral Genes Could Help the Fight Against TB
- Malawi: Death Toll in Balaka Accident At 8
- Subscribe to Site-wide RSS Feed
- Subscribe to TOP NEWS feed rss
Category Archives: Yemen
Details of 2012 Yemen drone strike prompt call for UK to reveal extent of involvement in US targeted killing programme outside recognised war zones
British intelligence agency GCHQ is facing fresh calls to reveal the extent of its involvement in the US targeted killing programme after details of a fatal drone strike in Yemen were included in a top secret memo circulated to agency staff.
A leading barrister asked by the Guardian to review a number of classified GCHQ documents said they raised questions about British complicity in US strikes outside recognised war zones and demonstrated the need for the government to come clean about the UK’s role.
No related posts.