Today's Most Watched Stories
- Greece debt crisis: ECB tightens screw as Merkel warns time is running out – live updates
- US to pay salary for Saakashvili team in Odessa
- Muslim graves in Nottingham cemetery damaged after Tunisia attack
- Isis video shows killing of Syrian troops at Palmyra amphitheatre
- In Greek Referendum Campaign, a Barrage of Doomsday Ads
- Subscribe to Site-wide RSS Feed
- Subscribe to TOP NEWS feed rss
Category Archives: Parents and parenting
After the release of the hit Disney animation, the name of its most popular character sparked a surge in real-life children’s names
The name Elsa has rocketed in popularity for US newborns, according to records collated by the Social Security Administration, and the numbers of children being given the name is at its highest level as far back as the SSA’s data is available.
As reported by the New York Times, this surge in popularity is undoubtedly due to the enormously successful Disney animation Frozen, which was released in the US in November 2013. As a result, 2014 saw 1131 girls given the name, landing at number 286 in the popularity list – up from 528 the year before.