Today's Most Watched Stories
- South Africa: Don’t Try Me As a Mandela – Rape Accused
- Renewed Scrutiny for Mosque in Spain After Foiled Train Attack
- Burnham tells Corbyn Labour won’t let him change Nato policy easily if he wins – Politics live
- Virginia shooting: WDBJ7 journalists memorialized by community on “unimaginable day” – live
- Grisly Discovery in Migrant Crisis Shocks Europe
- Subscribe to Site-wide RSS Feed
- Subscribe to TOP NEWS feed rss
Category Archives: Liverpool
- Who will Liverpool, Tottenham and Celtic draw in the group phase?
- Southampton miss out on Europa League after Midtjylland defeat
- Email Nick.Miller@theguardian.com or tweet @NickMiller79
This one should* be relatively straightforward – four pots containing 12 teams each, one team from each pot goes into each of the 12 groups. Teams from the same country can’t play each other, neither can Russian teams face Ukrainian ones.
*Of course, you never can tell with UEFA.
Shall we do some potential group o’ deaths? Tottenham could get Fiorentina, Monaco and Groningen, while Liverpool might find themselves drawn with Borussia Dortmund, Fenerbahçe and Partizan.
And how about a group of…erm…life? Mauricio Pochettino probably won’t cry himself to sleep should they get Celtic (sorry), Augsburg and Qarabag, while Brendan Rodgers should smile and crack out those absurdly white teeth should Liverpool be drawn with Rubin Kazan, Sloven Liberec and Asteras Tripolis. Thoughts?
- Premier League minute-by-minute updates from the Emirates clash
- Arsène Wenger: Arsenal must ‘play with good pace’ to beat Liverpool
- Roberto Firmino hopes Coutinho connection fires Liverpool and Brazil
- And you can email your thoughts to email@example.com
86 min: Cazorla has a dig from 25 yards, cutting in from the left. Nope.
84 min: Oxlade-Chamberlain goes zipping down the right, then fizzes a low ball into the middle. Skrtel, sliding in ahead of Walcott, who was waiting to sidefoot home from six yards, nearly pokes the ball into the bottom left at high speed. Inches wide! So close to yet another Skrtel own goal. From the set piece, Oxlade-Chamberlain hoicks a shot wide. Mignolet is then booked for timewasting, as we always knew he would be.
• ‘Benteke has ability to bring players into the game,’ says manager
• Jordan Henderson to have late fitness test before Arsenal game
Brendan Rodgers has denied compromising his managerial principles to accommodate Christian Benteke at Liverpool but said all coaches evolve with experience.
Rodgers focused on improving Liverpool’s defensive organisation in pre-season and has been repaid with two clean sheets in two wins before Monday’s visit to Arsenal. Liverpool’s encouraging start has also been notable for the number of crosses aimed towards Benteke, their commanding £32.5m summer signing from Aston Villa.
No related posts.