Today's Most Watched Stories
- West Indies v England: third Test – day one as it happened
- Australia v New Zealand: rugby league Anzac Test – as it happened
- Who invented the piano? Google doodle marks 360th birthday of Bartolomeo Cristofori
- West Indies v England: third Test, day three – live!
- King Salman of Saudi Arabia Changes Line of Succession
- Subscribe to Site-wide RSS Feed
- Subscribe to TOP NEWS feed rss
Category Archives: Liverpool
• Brendan Rodgers: Sterling could miss out on £3.38m in wages
• ‘He won’t be going anywhere this summer, even if there’s no deal’
• Manager has backing from owners Fenway for tough stance
• Match preview: Liverpool v QPR
Raheem Sterling could miss out on £3.38m in wages next season after Brendan Rodgers insisted the England international would stay at Liverpool even if he refuses to sign a new contract.
The Liverpool manager has repeatedly stated Sterling will not be sold this summer having rejected a £100,000-a-week, five-year contract. His stance hardened on Friday when he declared Fenway Sports Group, Liverpool’s owners, would keep the 20-year-old on his £35,000-a-week deal rather than sell to Manchester City or elsewhere should there be no agreement when contract talks resume at the end of the season.
Can Crystal Palace spoil Chelsea’s celebrations, will Brendan Rodgers give Lambert and Lallana a chance and a finale to the Football League season
One for sorrow, two for joy, three for a girl, four for a boy … and so on, all the way up to seeing 11 Magpies, which is a harbinger of three easy points. So there could hardly be any more inviting assignment for Leicester players this weekend as they seek to put all that ostrich business behind them and get back to trying to run away from the relegation zone like big goofy flightless birds (what do you mean: “What ostrich business?” Have you all been away? Have you had your heads buried in the sand? Are you flexible enough to bury your heads in the sand?). Having said that, Leicester’s task could be complicated by a couple of things.
• Liverpool fan group warns boycott repeat after protest at £50 Hull tickets
• Brendan Rodgers defiant after Liverpool lose 1-0 to Hull City
• Ramsey: QPR need two wins and maybe a draw to stay in Premier League
No related posts.