Today's Most Watched Stories
- Godfathers of Chilean right charged with tax fraud, bribery and money laundering
- Drugs Live: Cannabis on Trial – live blog
- Greece proposes undercover tax inspectors; US jobs report beats forecasts – live updates
- China Names 14 Generals Suspected of Corruption
- Robocops being used as traffic police in Democratic Republic of Congo
- Subscribe to Site-wide RSS Feed
- Subscribe to TOP NEWS feed rss
Category Archives: Jeremy Hunt
Inquiry into deaths of 11 babies and a mother at Furness hospital in Cumbria says midwives were so cavalier they were nicknamed ‘the musketeers’
A “lethal mix” of failings at almost every level led to the unnecessary deaths of one mother and 11 babies in the maternity unit of a Cumbrian hospital, according to an independent report (pdf).
The investigation into deaths at Furness general hospital in Barrow between 2004 and 2013 found maternity services were beset by a culture of denial, collusion and incompetence.