Today's Most Watched Stories
- ISIS Taunts United States and Britain in New Video
- New-York-born London mayor Boris Johnson refuses to pay US tax bill
- Demonstrators in ‘scuffles’ with police as students march against fees – live
- US, Canada & Ukraine vote against Russia’s anti-Nazism resolution at UN
- A Master of Memory Credits Meditation for Brainy Feats
- Subscribe to Site-wide RSS Feed
- Subscribe to TOP NEWS feed rss
Category Archives: Executive pay and bonuses
Bank of England governor’s proposals to curb excessive risk-taking include putting non-bonuses or fixed pay on the line
Mark Carney has warned bankers they should lose more of their pay in cases of wrongdoing – in addition to forfeiting bonuses – after a series of fines for bad conduct have failed to improve standards across the scandal-hit industry.
The Bank of England governor signalled a radical overhaul of the way bankers are paid as he told an audience in Singapore that repeated fines for scandals, such as manipulating Libor and last week’s £2.6bn penalties for rigging foreign exchange rates, were not enough to change behaviour.
No related posts.