Today's Most Watched Stories
- Sydney siege is over, say police, as hostages flee the scene – live
- Kenya: Seven People Evacuated From Collapsed Makongeni Building, Rescue Operation Ongoing
- Putin press conference: ‘economy will rebound within two years’ – live
- The Apprentice 2014: episode 11 live blog – as it happens
- Pakistan Taliban school attack kills 141, mostly children – live updates
- Subscribe to Site-wide RSS Feed
- Subscribe to TOP NEWS feed rss
Category Archives: Crime
Bell will serve a minimum of 12 years for ‘frenzied’ attack in 2000
A taxi driver who admitted killing a woman in a frenzied attack with a hammer and a knife before sawing her legs off and burying her at a beauty spot has been told he must serve a minimum of 12 years in prison.
Martin Bell, 45, said God had told him to kill 23-year-old Gemma Simpson when she was at his flat in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, in May 2000.