Today's Most Watched Stories
- Germanwings crash: report that co-pilot Lubitz had suffered ‘personal life crisis’ – rolling updates
- Slater and Gordon, Australian Law Firm, to Acquire Arm of Quindell of Britain
- In Clinton Emails on Benghazi, a Rare Glimpse at Her Concerns
- Iraqi Forces in No Hurry to Expel ISIS From Tikrit
- Remains of Iraqi troops found in mass grave in Yathrib
- Subscribe to Site-wide RSS Feed
- Subscribe to TOP NEWS feed rss
Category Archives: Civil service
MPs say senior figures in Edinburgh and London promoted agendas of political parties, breaching duty of impartiality
Senior civil servants in Edinburgh and London have been accused of serious breaches of their duty of impartiality by taking partisan positions during Scotland’s independence referendum.
In a stinging report naming two permanent secretaries, MPs on the public administration select committee said Scottish government officials wrongly allowed public money to be used for Alex Salmond’s white paper on independence, which had veered into becoming a party manifesto.
No related posts.