Today's Most Watched Stories
- Muslim graves in Nottingham cemetery damaged after Tunisia attack
- Malawi: Death Toll in Balaka Accident At 8
- Obama Tries to Soften European Creditors’ Stance to Salvage a Deal
- Greece debt crisis: Alexis Tsipras reportedly backs down – live
- Burt Bacharach at Glastonbury 2015 review – sunny hits and sweet familiarity
- Subscribe to Site-wide RSS Feed
- Subscribe to TOP NEWS feed rss
Category Archives: Civil service
National Audit Office finds just 31% of public contracts by private firms are being properly scrutinised by government amid calls for more ‘open-book accounting’
More than two thirds of contracts held by outsourcing firms are not being scrutinised properly by the government, the public spending watchdog has found.
The National Audit Office examined £35bn worth of public contracts held by private firms and found that just 31% allowed profit margins to be scrutinised by Whitehall.