Today's Most Watched Stories
- Slater and Gordon, Australian Law Firm, to Acquire Arm of Quindell of Britain
- Italian grandmother causes illness with cocoa expired in 1990
- Iraqi Forces in No Hurry to Expel ISIS From Tikrit
- Alfred Hitchcock by Peter Ackroyd review – ‘Catholic, controlling and celibate’
- Chinese Outlets Say Security Official in Graft Case Had 6 Mistresses
- Subscribe to Site-wide RSS Feed
- Subscribe to TOP NEWS feed rss
Category Archives: Children
Nick Clegg says equality for mental health provision is part of the liberal mission, with extra funding commitment featuring in party’s ‘manifesto for the mind’
The Liberal Democrats have pledged more than £2bn of extra funding for mental health over the next parliament on top of what has already been announced in the coalition budget. The plans will be outlined in the party’s “manifesto for the mind”, which they will launch on Tuesday.
The Lib Dem leader, Nick Clegg, said that equality for mental health was the “liberal mission” and that the party had secured more than £1bn in the coalition budget for mental health services for children and young people. “But we cannot and must not rest there,” he said.